The grant scheme is designed to assist students, young professional musicians and established instrument makers resident in the United Kingdom.
10. In certain circumstances the Trustees may also consider a loan towards the cost.
11. An application for a Grant must be accompanied by TWO references, one of which should come from the Head of Department or the Principal/ Director of the institution of full time study. Young professionals should provide a reference from at least one employer.
12. Applications must be made on the form supplied and should be completed in full, and be accompanied by references as required at regulation 11.
13. All requests for assistance are considered individually by the Executive Committee at its regular meetings. Together with the completed form, a personal statement from the applicant, covering past experience and future intentions, helps the Executive Committee in considering funding requests.
14. The Trustees are under no obligation to make a grant to any particular applicant and until you have received a formal offer of a grant you should not assume that you will receive such a grant.
Please send your completed application to reach the Secretary by 21 December, 1 May or 1 September for consideration at the next meeting of the Trustees.
I would like to thank the LFMI for the generous grant. It has made the world of difference to my career.