1.Loans are ONLY made for instruments which will be used for public performance, with the special exception of practice organs and pianos for organists and pianists who have already achieved public recognition as soloists or accompanists.
2. Loans are not made for the purchase of electric or electronically-controlled instruments.
3. Loans will only be made for a specific instrument.
4. Loans are only available to young professional musicians. A professional musician in this context is one whose main source of income is from public performance.
5. Applications are only considered from individuals. Loans will not be considered to commercial lenders.
6. Preference is given to applications from British nationals.
7. Applicants must be under the age of 36 at the closing date of the application.
8. Applicants must supply a copy of their birth certificate or passport.
9. Applications for a loan must be supported by TWO references, one of which must be from the applicant's most recent teacher or employer.